When I was at the market last Sat with my friend Stace, she mentioned this amazing zuccini ravioli she’s made a few times. We eat a lot of zuccini in our home so I grabbed a couple and attempted it first chance I had! It was amazing. The recipe is from Delish and I found it really helpful to follow the directions on the video when it came to slicing and wrapping the ravioli!
Here’s what it’s made of:
3 medium zucchini
2 c. riccotta
1/2 finely grated parmesan, plus more for garnish.
1 /2 c of shredded mozzerella
1 1/2 c marinara sauce
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup of thinly sliced basil
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the Noodles: Slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- Make the Filling: Combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, and 2 tablespoons basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the Ravioli: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time. Turn the ravioli over and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Pour marinara sauce around the zucchini. Top ravioli with mozzarella. Bake until the zucchini noodles are “al dente” and the cheese is melted and starting to brown on top; 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with more basil and parmesan and serve.